The Ottawa Geek Market is a volunteer-run not-for-profit, and we pride ourselves on 2 things: having fun, and making a difference in our community. This year we’re raising money for the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre. Our photo galleries are the best way to see just how fun this event is. If you’d like to be part of the fun, we hope you’ll keep reading!
What we’re looking for in a volunteer
- You’re 16 years of age or older
- You enjoy working with others
- You are enthusiastic and have flair for customer service
- You’ll agree to comply to our event policies and code of conduct
- You agree to be fragrance free during your shift(s)
What you can expect from us
- Free access to the event
- A cool t-shirt
- 50% off all official Ottawa Geek Market merchandise
- A $5 Geek Market gift card for every 4 hour shift you work
- An invitation to our after party
- Snacks and drinks
- We’ll sign off on your volunteer hours for school or other projects
- A great opportunity to meet fellow geeks and have fun
- Full training on your position
Here’s the list of some of the positions we’ll have available (please click on each link for details on the positions including requirements and tasks):
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old or have volunteered at a previous Ottawa Geek Market event (including Geek and Gaming Garage Sale events).
- We proudly encourage a fragrance-free environment and ask that all volunteers be fragrance-free for the event.
- We’ll be offering training on September 23rd at the Nepean Sportsplex.
If you have any questions about our volunteer process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
It’s important to us to have a diverse volunteer base. We welcome applications from any volunteer, who is 17+ years of age, and who is comfortable working with individuals from different backgrounds. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are interested in contributing to the geeky community, are a member of a visible minority, are a person with a disability, or are geeks on the LGBTQ+ rainbow.
We are committed to providing a safe, harassment-free, welcoming, and fun work environment.
WE TAKE ACCESSIBILITY SERIOUSLY
We work hard to make our event as accessible as possible for our volunteers, exhibitors, and patrons. Should you require any medical accommodations, please don’t hesitate to let us know. It’s important to us that all volunteers feel respected, enjoy their time with us, and have their accommodations needs met.
In addition, upon individual request, we will modify our volunteer selection processes to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the application or selection process, please contact Stacey at 613-862-3556 and she will work to provide you with a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.
Not-for-profit corporation number: 1003703-6
Please help us make this a fragrance free event.