Golden Ticket Prize Pack
How would you like to win approximately $700 in geeky merch AND a pair of FREE passes to the Geek Market for life? Well here’s your chance!
There are three ways to enter and you can enter all three ways: 1) by purchasing a ticket in advance to the event, 2) by posting a photo of yourself in your favourite geeky costume on Instagram and tagging us (see rules below for how to correctly tag us), and 3) by filling out a short survey at the event. No purchase is required to participate.
To see a list of all the amazing prizes to be won, see section 4 below.
The Legal Stuff
The Ottawa Geek Market Golden Ticket Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Ottawa Geek Market (the “Sponsor”). Any questions regarding the Contest should be submitted using the contact form at https://geekmarket.ca/en/contact-us/. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will take place from October 1st, 2016 at 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) to October 16, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who:
a) Reside in the Province of Ontario;
b) Are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entering the Contest;
c) Are not employees, representatives or agents of the Sponsor, or a member of the immediate family of any such employees, representatives or agents immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom such employees, representatives, or agents are domiciled;
d) Have agreed to comply with all applicable laws;
e) Have agreed to comply with the terms and conditions of attending the Geek Market Event (should they be attending the event) available online at https://geekmarket.ca/en/policies/ (the “Event Policies”); and
f) Have read and accepted, and agreed to comply with these Rules.
Such eligible persons will be referred to as “Contestants”.
3. METHODS OF ENTRY: There are three (3) ways to enter the Contest:
a) With Purchase Online Or In Store: Purchase a ticket for the October 15th – 16th, 2016 Ottawa Geek Market Event (“The Event”) either online or at one of our licensed ticket outlets any time before the event (including before the Contest Period dates listed above). A full list of where you can purchase tickets can be found at https://geekmarket.ca/en/tickets/. Tickets must be purchased by October 14th, 2016. Once at the admissions desk at The Event, present your ticket and you will receive one (1) ballot to fill out and drop off at the Contest Booth. All entries must be received no later than October 16th at 5:00 pm, 2016 “the Closing Date”, and must include a valid email Promotional tickets may also be exchanged for one (1) ballot.
b) Without Purchase by Posting on Instagram: Upload a picture of yourself in your favorite costume/cosplay moment on Instagram, and include #geekmarket #geekgoldenticket #ottawa and @ottawageekmarket in your post. This can be done either prior to The Event or during The Event at the Contest Booth. Only 1 picture per instagram account will be accepted. Each person will automatically obtain one (1) ballot to the Contest. No further action is required.
c) By Filling Out Our Survey At The Event: If you fill out a survey at the Contest Booth inside The Event and include a valid name and email, you will receive one (1) ballot to the Contest. Maximum one (1) survey per person, additional surveys filled out will void entry.
d) Limit of One Entry: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per method of entry during the Contest Period.
4. GRAND PRIZE: There will one (1) Grand Prize available to be won consisting of the following:
- Handmade wooden wand by McCormick Wands
- $50 gift certificate from Inferno Cat Games and Toys
- $50 gift certificate from Nerdy Needles
- $50 gift certificate from Artisetta
- Chainmail bracelet and owl-themed keychain by Float or Fly
- Dice earrings, bracelet, Harry Potter-themed necklace, hair clip, and headband from Maverick’s Emporium
- Pikachu earrings by The Green Bunny Workshop
- Skeleton fairy by The Whimsical Geek
- Steampunk-style pocket watch
- Ottawa Geek Market T-shirt, keychain, and button
- Battlefield XBOX 360 video game
- Game of Thrones board game
- Pita-Ten manga
- Boys Be… anime box set
- Anime-themed mini wall scroll
- Wonder Woman: Who Is Wonder Woman? graphic novel
- Kevin Smith Green Hornet: Volume Two: Wearing O’ The Green graphic novel
- Daredevil Season One graphic novel
- The Avengers Prelude: Black Widow Strikes graphic novel
- Predator: Prey to the Heavens graphic novel
- Rai: Welcome to New Japan graphic novel
- Quantum and Woody! The World’s Worst Superhero Team graphic novel
- Terminator: Revolution graphic novel
- Batman PEZ dispenser
- Wonder Woman PEZ dispenser
- Two (2) Suicide Squad pins
- Hello Kitty toy
- Spiderman puzzle
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle puzzle
- Batman pencils
- Zombie-themed Halloween candy
- Avengers candy
- Two (2) lifetime tickets for all Ottawa Geek Market events (see paragraph 16).
This prize pack is worth approximately $800. All amounts in these Rules are in Canadian dollars.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part. Any additional costs not described in these Rules as part of the Grand Prize that are incurred in collecting and using the Grand Prize are the winning Contestant’s responsibility.
5. RANDOM DRAW: A random draw (the Draw) will be held on October 18, 2016 (the Draw Date) in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected Contestant will be contacted by either Instagram messaging or email within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected Contestant (a) cannot respond within three (3) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (as per paragraph 8 below); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then the Contestant will be disqualified and another Contestant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made with a selected Contestant and a Grand Prize winner is found and confirmed. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Contestant.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
7. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, all Contestants agree to abide by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries, which are final and binding, without any recourse to an appeal.
8. DECLARATION AND RELEASE FORM; SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: To be declared the winner or win any prize, the selected Contestant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question, in addition to meeting all Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with these Rules.
The selected entrant will also be required to sign a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) which, among other things:
a) Confirms compliance with these Rules;
b) Acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, without substitution;
c) Releases the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, the independent contest organization and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or the Contest; and
d) Permits the Sponsor to use, reproduce and/or publish in any related publicity, his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements made regarding a prize, city of residence, and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity and in any manner and in any medium (including the Internet), without any compensation or further attribution or notification; and
e) Must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form (as per paragraph 5 above).
If the selected Contestant:
a) Does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question in the manner prescribed;
b) Fails to return the Release Form within the specified time (as per paragraph 5 above);
c) Cannot accept the prize for any reason; or
d) Otherwise fails to comply with the Rules;
then the Contestant will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute direction, to select by random draw from among all remaining eligible entries an alternate Contestant as the potential winner of the Grand Prize (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential prize winner).
9. PRIZE DELIVERY: Delivery of the Grand Prize will be coordinated with the winner at a later date.
10. NO LIABILITY: The Sponsor and the independent contest organization will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or damaged entries: all such entries will be considered void. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof or any e-mail message or other communication sent or received during the Contest Period, for any reason. In the event it is determined that a Contestant has entered in a manner not outlined in these Rules, that Contestant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the Contestant will be disqualified.
11. TERMINATION OF CONTEST: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice if the Contest is tampered with. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
12. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: All written entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor upon submission and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Contestant selected as the potential winner.
13. NOT ENDORSED BY OUTSIDE PARTIES: The Contest (promotion) is in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Instagram, the Nepean Sportsplex, The City of Ottawa, any of the stores selling Ottawa Geek Market tickets, or any other party apart from the Sponsor itself.
14. PERSONAL DATA: The controller of the Contestants’ personal data shall be the Sponsor. By entering the contest, the participant agrees to the processing of personal data (i.e. Instagram account name, email address) for the purposes of administering the Contest, and in particular, for the purpose of communicating with the potential winner.
15. COMPLAINTS: Any complaints regarding the contest procedure should be directed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. GOLDEN TICKETS: The selected Contestant will receive two life time passes to the Ottawa Geek Market event. These passes must be presented at the front entrance to the event and must be accompanied with valid photo ID. These passes may not be transferred, reproduced, sold, replaced, or modified. These passes have no cash value. These passes are valid for so long as the event is run by Ottawa Geek Market. In the event of new ownership running the event, these passes may not be valid. Passes may be cancelled if any abuse of the rules is detected. The Ottawa Geek Market reserves the right to revoke access to any pass holder in violation of Ottawa Geek Market’s conduct policy.