volunteer coordinator assistant
We’re looking to hire a volunteer Volunteer Coordinator Assistant! This could be a great opportunity for candidates to gain work experience that could help further their career and is a great a way to help shape our organization. It would also be a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning about event management or planning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter (the more creative the better) to Nathaniel Bruni at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks for the Volunteer Coordinator Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with event set up and tear down of the Volunteer Room.
- Monitoring and handling administrative tasks for the Volunteer Room. This includes the property of our volunteers that they may leave in the volunteer room.
- Ensuring that cosplayers’ property and the property of volunteers is protected and secure.
- Communicating important information to and from the volunteer coordinators, other managers and volunteers.
- Working alone for long periods of time.
- Relaying messages to staff as needed.
- Ensuring all tables, displays, signage and all other sections in the volunteer room are well-maintained and visually appealing.
- Aiding with boosting volunteer morale.
- Answering the questions and concerns of all volunteers
- Keeping good notes on the positives and negatives of the event and where we need to improve in the future.
- Accepting other duties as assigned.
- Be able to manoeuvre through the event for hours at a time in a noisy and often crowded environment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service and administrative role.
- Have excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Be available to work all day/evenings March 22, 23, and 24, 2019.
- Have reliable access to transportation (public transit, own vehicle etc.).
- Be available to attend minimum one (1) training session prior to the event.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants and applicants who have previous event management experience.
As a volunteer-run organization, we do not pay our staff a salary. We do, however compensate our managers for the hours they volunteer (both before and during the event) at the a rate of $10 per 4 hours worked in Geek Market vouchers that can be used to purchase items at the event. We also provide meals for our managers during the weekend of the event since they work such long hours, a manager t-shirt, and other small perks.