Loading dock supervisor
Do you enjoy creating order where there’s chaos? Do you like making sure people are following the rules and things are done safely? Then you might be perfect for the role of Loading Dock Supervisor. In this role you’ll be managing the flow of exhibitor traffic at our loading dock during event set up (Friday March 27th from 8:45 am to 4:30 pm) and tear down (Sunday March 29th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm).
This is a great position for folks who enjoy leadership roles, managing volunteers, and enjoy being outdoors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Making sure only a certain number of vehicles are parked by the loading dock so exhibitors can unload/load their stock.
- Keeping the ramp clear of debris.
- Ensuring no one is smoking/vaping anywhere near the loading dock.
- Managing a small team of volunteers who’ll be assisting exhibitors bring their stock to their booth/to their vehicles.
- Be able to stand or walk around on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Feel comfortable dealing with people who are in a rush.
- Have experience in a supervisory position.
- Be a team player.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
All candidates for this position will be interviewed as it’s a management-level position.