This year’s theme: Team spirit
A CELEBRATION OF FRIENDSHIP
Join us this March as we honour the friendships formed through our combined love of all things geeky. We’ll be doing this in two ways:
- By celebrating some of your favourite geeky teams, squads, crews, armies, and fellowships like the Avengers, Dumbledore’s Army, and the crew of the Enterprise through games, art, information, and shopping.
- By providing you with opportunities to make new friends and enjoy the event with friends you bring with you (group cosplays are not only encouraged, you’ll be rewarded for it!)
How’s this going to work? We’ll be filling TWO rinks in March with amazing exhibitors, fun activities, contests, and a few surprises. We’ll be announcing some exciting new activities and opportunities in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
TEAM SPIRIT-THEMED ACTIVITIES
To help celebrate our ‘Team Spirit’ theme, we’re offering some fun themed activities at the event. In March, you’ll be able to:
- Make friends in our new Meetup Zone (our version of buddy benches for adults).
- Play one of our 18 carnival-style games that were inspired by famous geeky teams.
- Check out our new ‘Community Board’ in Rink 3 where individuals and non-profit community groups can advertise their community activities (more details to come on how to participate in this).
- Embark on 4 epic scavenger hunts (and win a ton of prizes).
- Play some fun team games in our board gaming area.
- Show off your best group costume and win prizes.
Our exhibitors are joining in on the fun this March and will have all sorts of amazing items to purchase in celebration of your favourite geeky teams. You’ll see!
EPIC FACEBOOK BATTLES
Our famous Facebook battles are returning this February! That’s right we’ll be running weekly epic battles between some of your geeky teams, squads, and gangs on our Facebook page. The grand finals will be taking place on site at our event this March so be sure to vote and help us determine who will be the ultimate winner!
Not-for-profit corporation number: 1003703-6
Please help us make this a fragrance free event.