APPLY TO BE AN EXHIBITOR
What makes our events different?
The Ottawa Geek Market was founded BY exhibitors, so we understand what it’s like to be a vendor or artist at an event. It’s important to us that our exhibitors not only enjoy their experience at our event, but also have a successful sales experience, so we do everything we can to make that happen (which is one of the reasons we jury – too many people selling the same things isn’t good for anyone).
It’s important to us that you have all the information (and advice) that you need so, we engage in regular communication leading up to, and during, each event. We even have a private Facebook group for exhibitors where you can ask for advice, sell off old fixtures, or ask our Exhibitor Coordinator questions.
During the event, we have a team dedicated to helping you unload (and load) your vehicles, we’ll check in on you regularly each day, and we not only ask for your feedback, we act on it.
Once you’re an exhibitor with us once, you become part of our family. We care, truly!
If you’re interested in learning about what our past events were like (and to see what our attendance was), be sure to check our Past Events page.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The event will be taking place in the Curling Rink of the Nepean Sportsplex and will be open at the following times:
- Friday September 28th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Saturday September 29th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday September 30th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- 6′ deep x 8′ wide: $250
- 6′ deep x 10′ wide booth: $325
- All these booths are corner booths (corner fee is included in the price)
- 8′ x 8′ booth: $350
- 10′ x 10′ booth: $475
- All these booths come with 8′ black draping at the back of the booth (the price of the draping is already included in the price) but there are no corner options.
HOW OUR APPLICATION SYSTEM WORKS
Because of the high number of applications that we receive, and in order to make sure that we have a good mix of exhibitors, we will review all applications based on the following criteria:
- How geeky are the items? (e.g. a piece of jewellery that has Captain America’s colours would rate lower than a necklace with a Captain America shield as a pendant).
- How unique are the items compared to other exhibitors in this category?
- What is the quality of the product?
- How professional is the booth set up?
- How does this exhibitor plan on integrating our Heroes vs Villains theme in to their booth?
- How good of a fit will this exhibitor be for our event?
- For returning exhibitors: Have they paid on time in the past? Have they packed up early? Have they followed our rules? etc.
Please note that we limit how many spaces we have available for exhibitors based on the category of what they sell (i.e. comic books, jewellery, accessories, action figures/collectibles, apparel/costumes, gaming, books, and art). It’s important to us that we a) have a good cross-section of items for our customers, and b) that we don’t have too many people selling the same items because too much competition isn’t good for our exhibitors’ bottom line.
How we’ll pick from the waitlist
Should a confirmed exhibitor cancel their booth, we will pick which waitlisted exhibitor to offer the space to, based on the following criteria:
- How similar the items are to the exhibitor’s items who cancelled.
- When the waitlisted exhibitor applied (preference will be given to exhibitors who applied in our first round of applications).
- Who will be the best fit for our event (preference will be given to exhibitors who best integrate our Heroes vs Villain theme).
WHAT KIND OF EXHIBITOR ARE YOU?
Artists: If you sell handmade items including (but not limited to): jewellery, art prints/paintings, costumes, sculptures, toys, plush animals, accessories, clothing/apparel, crochetted items/amigurumi, as well as self-written/self-published novels, games, and comic books then you should apply as an artist.
Dealers/re-sellers: If you sell collectibles, official merchandise, toys, games, posters, or t-shirts/apparel, then you should apply as a dealer.
Geeky food or drinks: If you sell geek-themed foods or non-alcoholic drinks (whether homemade or as a re-seller), please apply as a geeky food/drink vendor.
HOW TO APPLY
There are 3 steps to applying for our event.
1. Read our Terms and Conditions for Waitlisted Exhibitors and make sure you are familiar with the rules for our event and agree to abide by them.
2. Read our Tips for Exhibitors document that provides you with hints on how to submit a stronger application.
3. Fill out our Exhibitor Waitlist Application Form and include 1 photo of your booth set up, and 3 photos of the types of items that you propose to be selling at our event.
- Photos must be .jpg format and must not be more than 2MG in size.
- We ask for photos to help us assess your items to a) see if you’ll be a good fit at our event and b) make sure that we don’t have to many exhibitors selling the same items.
- Please send us the best quality photos you have as part of your application…we’d like to use these photos to advertise which exhibitors will be at our event, and what kinds of awesome products they’ll be selling.
May the odds be ever in your favour!
If you have any questions or would like more information on being an exhibitor, please contact us at Ottawa@geekmarket.ca.
Not-for-profit corporation number: 1003703-6
Please help us make this a fragrance free event.