Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
Before the event
- Scheduling volunteers as they apply.
- Confirming schedules with each volunteer.
- Developing, training materials, handouts and signage.
- Creating administrative documents.
During the event
- Setting up the volunteer room.
- Registering volunteers as they arrive.
- Providing volunteers with necessary information on policies and procedures.
- Answering volunteers’ questions.
- Ensuring volunteers are provided the correct number and type of vouchers.
- Ensuring the volunteer room is kept tidy and organized.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have volunteered with the Ottawa Geek Market in the past.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants, applicants with management experience, and applicants who are willing to work multiple shifts (preferably the entire weekend).
Please note that an interview may be required for this position.
Shifts are available at the following dates and times:
- As needed before the event.
- Friday March 31 from 9:15 am to 9:30 pm.
- Saturday April 1 from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm.
- Sunday April 2 from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm.