Geek quest (Scavenger hunt) manager
How would you like to manage Canada’s largest scavenger hunt? Last event we had approximately 1,500 participants play our scavenger hunt, and we anticipate even more at our upcoming event! This could be a great opportunity for candidates to gain work experience that could help further their career. This position is ideal for anyone who enjoys being creative and likes managing others.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter (the more creative the better) to Stacey Young at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 14th. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
Before the event
- Working with exhibitors and the Director of Programming to develop Geek Quest activities/stops.
- Coming up with the content for participant handouts and signage.
- Updating the current website content to explain the four Geek Quests that you’ll be running (that’s right we’d like to have four separate scavenger hunts at the event).
During the event
- Supervising Geek Quest Officers.
- Setting up the Geek Quest booth.
- Providing participating exhibitors with signage.
- Answering general inquiries about the Geek Quest.
- Proving instructions to participants about the Geek Quest.
- Ensuring the booth is kept tidy and organized.
- Distributing participant cards, etc.
- Be able to manoeuvre through the event for hours at a time in a noisy and often crowded environment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service and administrative role.
- Have excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Be available to work all day/evenings March 22, 23, and 24, 2019.
- Have reliable access to transportation (public transit, own vehicle etc.).
- Be available to train Geek Quest Officers on either March 16th or 17th at the Nepean Sportsplex.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants and applicants who have previous event management experience.
As a volunteer-run organization, we do not pay our staff a salary. We do, however compensate our managers for the hours they volunteer (both before and during the event) at the a rate of $10 per 4 hours worked in Geek Market vouchers that can be used to purchase items at the event. We also provide meals for our managers during the weekend of the event since they work such long hours, a manager t-shirt, and other small perks.