Let’s be honest, the Nepean Sportsplex is a bit of a maze and it’s sometimes hard to know where to go once inside. We’re looking for fun and outgoing volunteers who enjoy chatting with strangers and giving people directions on where things are, where to line up, etc.
This position is best suited for geeks who have fun working with the public.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Welcoming patrons as they enter the building at Entrance 4.
- Explaining where to line up, where the elevator is, and if they can tell an individual is disabled (e.g. in a wheelchair/using crutches) that they get front of the line access.
- Telling patrons where the washrooms and ATMs are.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Be willing to engage with both adult and child guests.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.