[:en]We’ll be hosting our very own escape room at the event and we’re looking for someone to help run it for us. The game will be designed and all pieces ready to go by our team of escape room experts, you’ll just help set it up all up, and keep it running smoothly all weekend. This position is ideal for anyone who enjoys working the public, is passionate about escape rooms or gaming, and who enjoys being creative.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter (the more creative the better) to Erica Noordermeer (our Show Manager) at [email protected] by Sunday March 5th. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Roles and Responsibilities
The tasks for the Escape Room Game Master position include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and tearing down the escape room.
- Greeting all guests as they come by the escape room registration table.
- Explaining how the escape room works.
- Creating and monitoring the schedule.
- Handling cash for game fees.
- Resetting the escape game in between groups and ensuring that every little detail and item is back in its place.
- Being present during game play for all players to provide assistance and answer any questions.
- Have cash-handling experience.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Work well under pressure.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants.
Our Commitment to Diversity and a Safe Environment
It’s important to us to have a diverse management team to help us see things from different perspectives. We welcome applications from any volunteer, who is 18+ years of age, and who is comfortable working with individuals from different backgrounds. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are interested in contributing to the geeky community, are a member of a visible minority, are a person with a disability, or are geeks on the LGBTQ+ rainbow.
We are committed to providing a safe, harassment-free, welcoming, and fun work environment.
We Take Accessibility Seriously
We work hard to make our event as accessible as possible for our volunteers, exhibitors, and patrons. Should you require any medical accommodations, please don’t hesitate to let us know. It’s important to us that all volunteers feel respected, enjoy their time with us, and have their accommodations needs met.
Upon individual request, we will modify our hiring processes to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the application, interview or selection process, please contact Stacey at 613-862-3556, and we will work to provide you with a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.
Like our regular level volunteer positions, all managers on our team get compensated for the hours they volunteer (both before and during the event) at the a rate of $5 per 4 hours worked, to a maximum of $100 paid in Geek Market vouchers that can be used to purchase items at the event. We also provide meals for our managers during the weekend of the event since they work such long hours, a managers polo, and other small perks.[:fr]
Rôles et responsabilités
Les tâches comprennent, mais ne sont pas limités à :
- Monter et démonter la salle d’évasion.
- Accueillir tous les clients lors de leur arrivée à la table d’inscription de la salle d’évasion.
- Expliquer le fonctionnement de la salle d’évasion.
- Créer et surveiller l’horaire.
- Traiter l’argent pour les frais du jeu.
- Réinitialiser le jeu d’évasion entre les groupes et s’assurer que tous les petits détails et les articles sont remis en place.
- Être présent pendant le jeu pour tous les joueurs pour offrir de l’aide et répondre aux questions.
Les candidats doivent :
- Avoir de l’expérience en manipulation d’argent.
- Aimer travailler avec le public.
- Savoir travailler efficacement sous pression.
La préférence sera accordée aux candidats bilingues