We are anticipating long lineups each morning (and possibly in to the afternoon), and would like to keep our patrons entertained and informed about the event while in line. We’re looking for fun and outgoing volunteers who enjoy chatting with strangers, and are especially interested in cosplayers for this role.
This position is best suited for geeks who have fun working with the public.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Handing out our free giveaway bags (on Saturday morning).
- Handing out floor plans and explaining that there are 2 huge rooms this year.
- Telling patrons about all the cool activities they can participate in.
- Explaining how the prize redemption system works.
- Being available for photos (if the volunteer is a cosplayer).
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Be willing to engage with both adult and child guests.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.