Prize redemption manager
How would you like to manage our most successful prize system ever? In this position, you’ll be managing all elements of our event’s prize redemption system. By participating in the Geek Quest, video gaming tournaments, board gaming tournaments, participants will be earning tokens that they can spend at our prize redemption booth to “buy” items like toys, tote bags, clothing, etc.
This position is ideal for anyone who loves merchandising, figuring out booth setups, pricing items, managing volunteers, and making people smile (who doesn’t like getting free prizes?!). 🙂
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter (the more creative the better) to Stacey Young at email@example.com by January 14th. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
Before the event
- Working with the President to figure out the booth set up.
- Pricing each item.
- Liaising with the Geek Quest Manager regarding how many tokens will be offered to Geek Quest participants, so you can price the prizes accordingly.
During the event
- Managing volunteers (training them, covering breaks, making sure they are offering excellent customer service, etc.).
- Setting up, running, and packing up the prize redemption booth.
After the event
- Processing all prizes after the event so we know what was left over, and how many prizes we went through.
- Be able to manoeuvre through the event for hours at a time in a noisy and often crowded environment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service and administrative role.
- Have excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Be available to work all day/evenings March 22, 23, and 24, 2019.
- Have reliable access to transportation (public transit, own vehicle etc.).
- Be available to train Prize Redemption Officers on either March 16th or 17th at the Nepean Sportsplex.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants and applicants who have previous event management experience.
As a volunteer-run organization, we do not pay our staff a salary. We do, however compensate our managers for the hours they volunteer (both before and during the event) at the a rate of $10 per 4 hours worked in Geek Market vouchers that can be used to purchase items at the event. We also provide meals for our managers during the weekend of the event since they work such long hours, a manager t-shirt, and other small perks.