What we’re looking for in a manager
- You have experience managing others
- You have attention to detail
- You enjoy working with others
- You are enthusiastic and have flair for customer service
- You’ll agree to comply with our event policies and code of conduct
- You agree to be fragrance free during all meetings and the weekend of the event
What you can expect from us
- Free access to the event
- A cool t-shirt
- 50% off all official Ottawa Geek Market merchandise
- A $10 Geek Market gift card for every 4 hours you work
- Full training on your position
- Meals the weekend of the event
- A great opportunity to meet fellow geeks and have fun
- An invitation to our volunteer appreciation party
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter (the more creative the better) to Stacey Young at email@example.com by January 14th, 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- Managers must be at least 18 years old.
- We proudly encourage a fragrance-free environment and ask that all volunteers be fragrance-free for the event.
- We’ll be offering training on March 16th or 17th at the Nepean Sportsplex.
- We’ll be hosting a Volunteer Appreciation party in April after the event.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
It’s important to us to have a diverse management and volunteer base. We welcome applications from any potential candidate who is comfortable working with individuals from different backgrounds. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are interested in contributing to the geeky community, are a member of a visible minority, are a person with a disability, or are geeks on the LGBTQ+ rainbow.
We are committed to providing a safe, harassment-free, welcoming, and fun work environment.
WE TAKE ACCESSIBILITY SERIOUSLY
We work hard to make our event as accessible as possible for our managers, volunteers, exhibitors, and patrons. Should you require any medical accommodations, please don’t hesitate to let us know. It’s important to us that all managers feel respected, enjoy their time with us, and have their accommodations needs met.
In addition, upon individual request, we will modify our management selection processes to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the application or selection process, please contact Stacey at 613-862-3556 and she will work to provide you with a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.