The Ottawa Geek Market organizing committee could always use some extra help with some of the various tasks needed to organize our event. After all, our events wouldn’t be possible without our trusty volunteers!
When you help you’ll get free access to the event, a cool t-shirt, 50% off all official Ottawa Geek Market merchandise, and a $5 gift voucher for every 4 hour shift you work that can be used to shop at the event. It’s just our way of saying “thanks” for your generous help. Volunteering at our events is also a great way to meet fellow geeks!
To apply for any of the positions below, please fill out this form.
Here’s the list of all the positions we have available (please click on each link for details on the positions including requirements and tasks):
- Cosplay Support (for the event’s special cosplayers)
- Craft Area Assistant
- Escape Room Assistant
- Geek Quest (Scavenger Hunt) Officer
- Hogwarts Prefect (Harry Potter-themed Activity)
- Merchandise Booth Officer
- Sci-fi and Fantasy Activities Assistant
- Survey Booth Officer
Management Level Positions
Set Up and Tear Down
- Floater (i.e. working various positions as needed)
A few things to note
- Volunteers must be at least 17 years old or have volunteered at a previous Ottawa Geek Market event (including Geek and Gaming Garage Sale events).
- We proudly encourage a fragrance-free environment and ask that all volunteers be fragrance-free for the event.
- We’ll be offering training and will provide more details on where and when as soon as that information is available.
- We encourage all applicants to read our event policies.
If you have any questions about our volunteer process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and a Safe Environment
It’s important to us to have a diverse volunteer base. We welcome applications from any volunteer, who is 17+ years of age, and who is comfortable working with individuals from different backgrounds. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are interested in contributing to the geeky community, are a member of a visible minority, are a person with a disability, or are geeks on the LGBTQ+ rainbow.
We are committed to providing a safe, harassment-free, welcoming, and fun work environment.
We Take Accessibility Seriously
We work hard to make our event as accessible as possible for our volunteers, exhibitors, and patrons. Should you require any medical accommodations, please don’t hesitate to let us know. It’s important to us that all volunteers feel respected, enjoy their time with us, and have their accommodations needs met.
In addition, upon individual request, we will modify our volunteer selection processes to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the application or selection process, please contact Stacey at 613-862-3556 or email Jessie, our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com, and we will work to provide you with a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.