Exhibitor applications will be opening early in the new year.
If you’d like to be added to our mailing list for our fall 2018 event, please send an email to Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org. 🙂
The following information provides details on our application process to help future exhibitors decide whether we’d be a good fit for them.
How our application system works
Because of the high number of applications that we receive, and in order to make sure that we have a good mix of exhibitors, we will review all applications based on the following criteria:
- How geeky are the items? (e.g. a piece of jewellery that has Captain America’s colours would rate lower than a necklace with a Captain America shield as a pendant).
- How unique are the items compared to other exhibitors in this category?
- What is the quality of the product?
- How professional is the booth set up?
If you sell handmade items including (but not limited to): jewellery, art prints/paintings, costumes, sculptures, toys, plush animals, accessories, clothing/apparel, crochetted items/amigurumi, as well as self-written/self-published novels, games, and comic books then you should apply as an artist.
If you sell collectibles, official merchandise, toys, games, posters, or t-shirts/apparel, then you should apply as a dealer.
If you sell a mix of the items listed above AND handmade items, you should apply as a dealer.
How to apply
There are 4 steps to applying for our event.
1. Read our Terms and Conditions (to be posted once applications have opened).
2. Read our Tips for Exhibitors document that provides you with hints on how to submit a stronger application.
3. Fill out our Exhibitor Application Form.
4. Email 1 photo of your booth set up and 3-5 photos of the types of products you’ll be bringing to the event to Ottawa@geekmarket.ca. Each photo should be no more than 2MB in size.
Please send us the best quality photos you have as part of your application…we’d like to use these photos to advertise which exhibitors will be at our event, and what kinds of awesome products they’ll be selling.
May the odds be ever in your favour! 🙂
If you have any questions or would like more information on being an exhibitor, please contact us at Ottawa@geekmarket.ca.