Do you like keeping things in order and eliminating the evil scourge that is chaos? Do you enjoy supervising others and helping them enjoy their time volunteering? Then maybe you should apply to be one of our Crowd Control Area Supervisors!
This position is best suited for individuals with previous supervisory experience, who can be on their feet for hours at a time, and who’s voices are able to carry in a crowd should you need to make a quick announcement.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supervising a small group of Crowd Control Officers.
- Helping to direct traffic.
- Managing the entrances and exits to the Curling Rink and other rooms.
- Preventing attendees from entering restricted areas.
- Ensuring that patrons are safe.
- Have previous supervisory experience.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Be personable.
- Be able to stand or walk around for long periods of time.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Preference will be given to bilingual applicants.
Please note that an interview may be required for this position.
Shifts are available:
- Friday September 29th between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm (for set up)
- Saturday September 30th between 8:45 am and 6:15 pm
- Sunday October 1st between 9:15 am and 6:00 pm
Preference will be given to volunteers who are available for multiple shifts and who are bilingual. Each shift must be a minimum of 4 hours.