Do you enjoy helping those around you feel safe? Do you like keeping things in order or making sure people are following the rules? Then crowd control might be for you! We rotate our crowd control officers so they aren’t stuck in a position for too long, so you’ll get a chance to see the event from different vantage points as well as get to enjoy all the amazing cosplay!
This position is well suited for both introverts and extroverts, people who enjoy people watching, and those looking to meet new people.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Helping to direct traffic
- Managing line-ups
- Preventing attendees from entering restricted areas
- Ensuring that patrons, exhibitors, and volunteers are safe.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Be personable.
- Be able to stand or walk around for long periods of time.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Shifts are available:
- Friday September 29th between 2:00 pm and 9:30 pm
- Saturday September 30th between 7:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Sunday October 1st between 7:30 am and 8:30 pm
Preference will be given to volunteers who are available for multiple shifts and who are bilingual. Each shift must be a minimum of 4 hours.