Do you enjoy working in a retail environment and meeting new people? Then this position has your name written all over it!
In this position, you’ll be helping to sell official Geek Market merchandise along with the cool limited edition ‘Sci-fi vs fantasy’-themed shirt and colouring book, as well as the ‘Team Sci-fi’ and ‘Team Fantasy’ buttons. You’ll also be helping raise money for the The Royal Mental Health Centre which is our receiving charity for the event.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set up the booth in an attractive and tidy manner.
- Sell Ottawa Geek Market merchandise to patrons.
- Keep a record of all sales made.
- Keep the booth tidy at all times.
- Close down the booth at the end of each day.
- Have experience in sales and/or merchandising.
- Be positive and outgoing.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Shifts are available:
- Friday September 29th between 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm (for set up)
- Saturday September 30th between 8:45 am and 6:15 pm
- Sunday October 1st between 9:15 am and 6:00 pm
Preference will be given to volunteers who are available for multiple shifts and who are bilingual. Each shift must be a minimum of 4 hours.