Golden Ticket Prize Pack
How would you like to win approximately $700 in geeky merch AND a pair of FREE passes to the Geek Market for life? Well here’s your chance!
There are two ways to enter and you can enter both ways: 1) by filling out a ballot (which can be found on the back of our flyers – see rules below for more details) and bringing it to the spring Geek Market, and 2) by posting a photo of yourself in your favourite geeky costume on Instagram and tagging us (see rules below for how to correctly tag us). No purchase is required to participate.
We’ll post the list of all the amazing prizes to be won closer to the event.
The Legal Stuff
The Ottawa Geek Market Golden Ticket Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Ottawa Geek Market (the “Sponsor”). Any questions regarding the Contest should be submitted using the contact form at http://geekmarket.ca/en/contact-us/. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will take place from February 4th, 2017 at 12:00 pm Eastern Standard Time to April 2nd, 2017 at 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who:
a) Reside in the Province of Ontario;
b) Are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entering the Contest;
c) Are not employees, representatives or agents of the Sponsor, or a member of the immediate family of any such employees, representatives or agents immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom such employees, representatives, or agents are domiciled;
d) Have agreed to comply with all applicable laws;
e) Have agreed to comply with the terms and conditions of attending the Geek Market Event (should they be attending the event) available online at http://geekmarket.ca/en/policies/ (the “Event Policies”); and
f) Have read and accepted, and agreed to comply with these Rules.
Such eligible persons will be referred to as “Contestants”.
3. METHODS OF ENTRY: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
a) Without Purchase by Filling Out A Ballot: Fill out a ballot (which can be found on the back of our flyers at the stores listed on this webpage) and bring it to the spring Geek Market. Once at the admissions desk at The Event you will be directed to the Contest Booth where you can drop it off. All entries must be received no later than April 2nd at 5:00 pm, 2017 “the Closing Date”, and must include a valid email.
b) Without Purchase by Posting on Instagram: Upload a picture of yourself in your favorite costume/cosplay moment on Instagram, and include #geekmarket #geekgoldenticket #ottawa and @ottawageekmarket in your post. This can be done either prior to The Event or during the weekend of The Event. Only 1 picture per instagram account will be accepted. Each person will automatically obtain one (1) ballot to the Contest. No further action is required.
d) Limit of One Entry: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per method of entry during the Contest Period.
4. GRAND PRIZE: There will one (1) Grand Prize available to be won consisting of the following:
- Assassin’s Creed Arena board game
- Boston Pizza Hunt Club $50 gift certificate
- DC Comics: A Visual History (Updated Edition) book
- Domo satchel
- Uno – Tippo game
- Warmachine – High Command board game
- Spy vs Spy figures
- Loz D-Series iRobots (mini bloks): 9354 – Gundam
- Tomb Raider: Underworld PS3 video game
- Pinky:st PC2001 Type Moon: Tsukihime Arc figurine
- D.Gray-Man metal broach
- Terminator Salvation: Marcus action figure
- Knights of the Black and White novel
- The Dragon Chronicles book
- Tomb Raider: The Beginning graphic novel
- Alice in the Country of Hearts Volumes 1&2 manga
- Book of art: The Promise – S.A. McGowan
- Hijikata Toushirou plush
- Snow White & the Huntsman DVD
- BeastMaster – Complete 1st Season on DVD
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters DVD
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes DVD
- Ghostbusters (1984) DVD
- The World of Archie comic – n. 612
- Archie comic – n. 420
- Disney’s Comics in 3-D – no. 1
- Consumer and Homemaking: Popeye and Careers comic
- Personal Service: Popeye and Careers comic
- TMNT meet Archie comic
- Street Fighter: Guile Diamond Blocks
- Dragon Tales: Turtle Master Mini Blocks
- Blue Bird Lele My Blocks
- X-Men: Storm Loz Diamond Block
- Gundam Micro Block
- Going Merry pirate ship Loz Blocks
- 4 Suicide Squad collector cups
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (medium) t-shirt
- Street Fighter – “Hadoken” (small) t-shirt
- The Parish (2XL) t-shirt
- Team Fortress 2 – “blu” (XL) t-shirt
- Thing 1 & Thing 2 (children’s large) T-shirts
- Boston Pizza lunch bag
- Boston Pizza (small) t-shirt
- Boston Pizza dinner bell
- Gods of Egypt – notebook and temporary tattoos
- The Matrix 300pc puzzle
- 3 Firefly-themed buttons
- Deathly Hallows bracelet
- ‘Poison’ necklace
- Fallout: Vault Boy face necklace
- Heroes Helix necklace
- Green Lantern symbol necklace
- Golden Snitch necklace
- Flash lightning bolt necklace
- DC Comics button
This prize pack will be worth approximately $700. All amounts in these Rules are in Canadian dollars.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part. Any additional costs not described in these Rules as part of the Grand Prize that are incurred in collecting and using the Grand Prize are the winning Contestant’s responsibility.
5. RANDOM DRAW: A random draw (the Draw) will be held on April 4th, 2017 (the Draw Date) in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected Contestant will be contacted by either Instagram messaging or email within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected Contestant (a) cannot respond within three (3) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (as per paragraph 8 below); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then the Contestant will be disqualified and another Contestant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made with a selected Contestant and a Grand Prize winner is found and confirmed. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Contestant.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
7. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, all Contestants agree to abide by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries, which are final and binding, without any recourse to an appeal.
8. DECLARATION AND RELEASE FORM; SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: To be declared the winner or win any prize, the selected Contestant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question, in addition to meeting all Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with these Rules.
The selected entrant will also be required to sign a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) which, among other things:
a) Confirms compliance with these Rules;
b) Acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, without substitution;
c) Releases the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, the independent contest organization and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or the Contest; and
d) Permits the Sponsor to use, reproduce and/or publish in any related publicity, his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements made regarding a prize, city of residence, and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity and in any manner and in any medium (including the Internet), without any compensation or further attribution or notification; and
e) Must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form (as per paragraph 5 above).
If the selected Contestant:
a) Does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question in the manner prescribed;
b) Fails to return the Release Form within the specified time (as per paragraph 5 above);
c) Cannot accept the prize for any reason; or
d) Otherwise fails to comply with the Rules;
then the Contestant will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute direction, to select by random draw from among all remaining eligible entries an alternate Contestant as the potential winner of the Grand Prize (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential prize winner).
9. PRIZE DELIVERY: Delivery of the Grand Prize will be coordinated with the winner at a later date.
10. NO LIABILITY: The Sponsor and the independent contest organization will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or damaged entries: all such entries will be considered void. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof or any e-mail message or other communication sent or received during the Contest Period, for any reason. In the event it is determined that a Contestant has entered in a manner not outlined in these Rules, that Contestant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the Contestant will be disqualified.
11. TERMINATION OF CONTEST: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice if the Contest is tampered with. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
12. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: All written entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor upon submission and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Contestant selected as the potential winner.
13. NOT ENDORSED BY OUTSIDE PARTIES: The Contest (promotion) is in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Instagram, the Nepean Sportsplex, The City of Ottawa, any of the stores selling Ottawa Geek Market tickets, or any other party apart from the Sponsor itself.
14. PERSONAL DATA: The controller of the Contestants’ personal data shall be the Sponsor. By entering the contest, the participant agrees to the processing of personal data (i.e. Instagram account name, email address) for the purposes of administering the Contest, and in particular, for the purpose of communicating with the potential winner.
15. COMPLAINTS: Any complaints regarding the contest procedure should be directed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. GOLDEN TICKETS: The selected Contestant will receive two life time passes to the Ottawa Geek Market event. These passes must be presented at the front entrance to the event and must be accompanied with valid photo ID. These passes may not be transferred, reproduced, sold, replaced, or modified. These passes have no cash value. These passes are valid for so long as the event is run by Ottawa Geek Market. In the event of new ownership running the event, these passes may not be valid. Passes may be cancelled if any abuse of the rules is detected. The Ottawa Geek Market reserves the right to revoke access to any pass holder in violation of Ottawa Geek Market’s conduct policy.