Are you interested in being an exhibitor at our next Geek Market taking place at the Nepean Sportsplex on September 30th – October 1st?
We are now accepting applications from both artists and dealers. Applications close at 11:59 pm on May 8th, 2017.
If you are thinking applying as a new exhibitor please note that we only consider applications from exhibitors who sell items relating to: sci-fi, fantasy, horror, anime, steampunk, comics, gaming, or cosplay. We will not be accepting any food vendors or vendors selling fragranced items.
The theme for our fall event is Fantasy vs. Sci-Fi (we’ll be having fantasy and sci-fi themed activities as well as highlighting which exhibitors sell fantasy or sci-fi-themed items on our floor plan – more details to come as we are ready to announce them).
Each booth space comes with one 6′ x 2.5′ table, two chairs and two exhibitor passes.
- 6′ deep x 8′ wide ($195)
- 8′ deep x 8′ wide ($285)
- 10′ deep x 10′ wide ($385)
We also have 6′ deep x 8′ wide premium booths (these are booths closest to the front of the event) that cost $225 each.
Unlike other events, exhibitors are welcome to apply for any sized booth they like, regardless of whether they are a dealer or artist.
Booth upgrade options
- Corner upgrade: $30
- Draping per booth: $30
- Power: $25
- Extra table: $8.85 – table size options will be 4′ x 24″, 4′ x 30″, 6′ x 30″, and 8′ x 30″
- Extra exhibitor pass: $8.85
To help you decide what size of extra table to order, we encourage you to check out our Booth Layout Options document.
How our application system works
Because of the high number of applications that we receive, and in order to make sure that we have a good mix of exhibitors, we jury all new artists and review all dealer applicants. What this means is that as part of our application process, we have a team of jury members who assess applicants on the following criteria:
- How geeky are the items?
- How unique are the items compared to other exhibitors in this category?
- What is the quality of the product?
- How professional is the booth set up?
If you sell handmade items including (but not limited to): jewellery, art prints/paintings, costumes, sculptures, toys, plush animals, accessories, clothing/apparel, crochetted items/amigurumi, as well as self-written/self-published novels, games, and comic books then you should apply as an artist. Artists will be juried by a team of 5 impartial artists/experts in the field based on the criteria listed above.
If you sell collectibles, official merchandise, toys, games, posters, or t-shirts/apparel, then you should apply as a dealer.
Your application will be reviewed by 2 of our staff members to make sure your booth set up looks professional and that we don’t have too much repetition in the products being sold at our event
How to apply
There are 4 steps to applying for our event.
1. Read our Terms and Conditions.
2 (Optional). Read our Tips for Exhibitors document that provides you with hints on how to submit a stronger application.
4. Email 1 photo of your booth set up and 3-5 photos of the types of products you’ll be bringing to the event to Ottawa@geekmarket.ca. Each photo should be no more than 2MB in size.
Please send us the best quality photos you have as part of your application…we’d like to use these photos to advertise which exhibitors will be at our event, and what kinds of awesome products they’ll be selling.
May the odds be ever in your favour! 🙂
If you have any questions or would like more information on being an exhibitor, please contact us at Ottawa@geekmarket.ca.
- April 24th (applications open)
- May 8th (applications close)
- May 15th (final date that all applicants will receive the results of our jurying/review)
- May 29th (50% deposit is due)
- August 25th (final 50% of payment is due)
- August 28th (deadline to cancel your booth and get a refund)